Virgin Islands Nomad
Sailing and Hiking Expedition • St. John, US Virgin Islands, May 16th-20th, 2019
Come spend 5 days with us sailing and exploring the Virgin Islands National Park's waters, beaches, coral reefs, historic ruins and hiking trails.
• We will spend 3 days on St. John Island. We will hike through the St. John's National Park trails and beaches, stopping at historical ruins, sugar mills and petroglyphs.
• We will explore thousands of varieties of plants (wild orchards, mango, soursop, papaya), and observe hundreds of birds and animal species.
• We will snorkel in protected uninhabited coves, observing underwater forests of gorgonians and sea fans, brain and fire corals, turtles and populations of reef fish.
• During these 3 days, we will camp on a private site on the island. You will need to bring your sleeping bag/hammock. Communal kitchen, bathrooms and showers will be available.
• During the last two days, we will board a private catamaran, Alladora, and spend these days sailing, learning navigation and team-building. Water sports while on the boat (kayaks and sups). We will spend the night star-gazing on the boat's deck in a secluded harbor.
• Simple, wholesome and nutritious food will be provided. We will prepare meals together in a communal manner.